Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Brilliant Meditation on the Border: Adam Simpson


My first publication was on Autobiography at la frontera, the border, and I am presently editing a book to be entitled Bordered Sexualities: Bodies on the Verge of a Nation, way overdue--my apologies to the contributors--and so you might guess I am a sucker for, and totally obsessed by, anything that deals with frontiers, borders, etc. You might say I am always already on the verge of falling for or through the verge--forgive the Derridean syntax. In any event, I stumbled across the work of Adam Simpson and his Boundaries project. Go here and here for details. The "play" of his figures across and thru boundaries is mesmerizing.

1 comment:

  1. i'm also fascinated by Borders. A quiet region to allow one to wander where there are no established laws, unless you're listening to your Ipod or labtop.

    ReplyDelete

Get your hands on one of my books ...