Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The New York Jets, Ines Sainz, Men's Lockers and the Tale of Mexicans, Once Again, Soliciting Problems With Their Bodies

I don't have the time I need to weigh in on this story of sweaty men's genitals, bombshell Latina journalists, the mass media, the blogosphere, etc. I will leave the round-up to The New York Times and the New York Post, where I lifted the video below.

With chapters on Lupe Velez and Rita Hayworth (and cameos by Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz), Tex[t]-Mex argues that Mexican and Latina/o bodies become synecdoches (a fancy word for short-cuts, part for whole, like 'all hands on deck') for the realm of the sexual--no doubt Ines Sainz's antics with Jet jocks will do a lot to cement this trope for the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your hands on one of my books ...