Friday, February 06, 2009

Xicanosmosis!



source


an update from the photographer:

"Hey Bill, you asked me to tell you the story behind the super woman shot. While I lived in Palo Alto, my girlfriend had a research project about transsexual sex workers in Mexico and the border region. I spend a lot of time there and I became obsessed with Mexican religious art and chicano art. A year later I went to a conference in Paris and I found a small gallery with painted sculptures. And there she was - Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. Of course, I took a picture. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the artist or the gallery. I'm not even sure if the sculpture has anything to do with the Mexican version of Mary. It might be just an interpretation of French religious art. I uploaded the picture on flickr anyway ... you can read the rest of the story in the comment section of the picture. Greetings from Berlin, David."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your hands on one of my books ...