Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Streets of Laredo and the Lazy Mex Lounge




I had to leave Laredo, move to California, and go online to "see" for the first time something I probably drove by over a thousand times in my beloved hometown--the Lazy Mex Lounge on the corner of Pierce and San Bernardo. My thanks to the Streets of Laredo Blog, and La Sanbe for the view. The first shot above is a riff-off of a Flickr posting.

This Barthesian rumination (think flaneur but with a laptop in lieu of a sidewalk, cane, etc.) is inspired by the incipient bloggings of the Borderlore diva, Profe Maribel Alvarez de Tucson. I think I will upload some of my unpublished photo-essay of Laredo soon--a taste appears below this google map.


View Larger Map


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your hands on one of my books ...