Friday, May 09, 2008

After UC Riverside There's Stanford and Berkeley and...

Breaking News! The Tex[t]-Mex cavalcade has been called in to assist! I will be joining UC Riverside's ridiculously talented* Media and Cultural Studies Department for the Spring 2008 quarter--there I will serve as a Visiting Professor teaching a course on the figuration/construction of the "Mexican" in Mexican Cinema and Media. This move has been beneficently blessed by my generous keepers in the College of Arts and Letters at SDSU, so I will be chairing the Department of English and Comparative Literature and moonlighting as a Visiting Professor a couple of afternoons a week at UCR. Holy Pixar and Apple, Steven Jobs! Holy Institutional Hermaphrodite, CSU and the UC, collaborating! What's next? Peace in the Middle East?? Lions doing drinks with Lambs!? News at 11.

*Can you say Toby Miller? I knew you could! ¡¡Órale!!

2 comments:

Get your hands on one of my books ...