Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eyegiene, Draft New Logo Banner, and Camera Portrait

This post is just a mini-warehouse of semiotic bonbons.

The first, a high resolution scan of the original poster for Joseph Green's and Rex Carlton's The Brain That Wouldn't Die--I write about Frida Kahlo, Gilbert Hernandez, and Green/Carlton's schlocky opus in Tex[t]-Mex: Seductive Hallucinations of the "Mexican" in America, a revision and expansion of the Frida piece I published in Latino/a Popular Culture with NYU Press.


Next up, a gorgeous shot of cameras (cue irony) that I want to use in my Eyegiene collection for UT Press.



source

... a vanity press mashup of a recent picture of mine I have "re-purposed" for general distribution.





...and, last but not least, a gift from my designer pal Michael B, genius of design, that I intend to weave into Eyegiene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your hands on one of my books ...