Thursday, April 10, 2008

Now You Can Vivisect the Living Soul of Racial Stereotypes AND Get Your Fix of Salacious Gossip



This is CERTAINLY nothing they ever trained me for in Graduate School--nothing Jonathan Culler, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Edgar Rosenberg, W.W. Holdheim, Carlos Fuentes or Gayatri Spivak ever taught me in seminar prepared me for this!

Amazon.com, in a fit of marketing genius!, is offering humanity brand new trade paperback copies of Tex[t]-Mex: Seductive Hallucination of the "Mexican" in America AND a free subscription to US Weekly--Holy Ronco!, Batman!

When a recent Amazon.com reader reviewed my book*, he accused me of being part of the problem of the culture industry! He had no idea! No idea!

Let's see if next week, I can get BN.COM to cross promote Tex[t]-Mex with free copies of People or Martha Stewart Living--then the eternal damnation of my once Che-loving Marxist soul will be complete!

Click below for the details on this limited time offer from Jeff Bezos and those crazy cats at Amazon.com



*"My only critique of the book is that it, by default and based on its format, becomes a part of the American culture industry: that's entertainment 'Chicano style' but geared to grad critical theory students... willing to pay the price of admission. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get your hands on one of my books ...